You will oversee evaluative and generative research through quantitative and qualitative methodologies. This could take the form of testing prototypes through user interviews, coordinating in-depth usability testing, mining user analytics, coordinating A/B tests with the in-house team and any other research needs that arise.
You will capture customer insights using proper research methodologies in a lean fashion while remaining objective in representing findings. You will need to have a fierce curiosity for discovering customer problem areas, motivations and thinking styles.
As an Experience Design Researcher, you will execute small- to medium- sized qualitative and quantitative studies with customers of our digital products by gathering requirements, planning, designing, creating and launching the studies, and reporting on findings. You will support cross-functional teams who work in a human centered design model, focusing on the customer. Feedback provided will aid the teams in creating optimized products.
As a critical member of our team you will:
- Work with product teams to understand needs and requirements
- Apply knowledge of research techniques to inform study design, script writing, etc., and execute the research
- Analyze feedback and summarize findings for the team
- Work independently in a fast-paced, agile, distributed environment
What are we looking for?
Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience in digital research, consumer insights, analysis, and customer feedback listening tools, preferably within a human centered design or agile environment
- Experience designing customer research questionnaires / scripts
- Experience executing customer research
- Ability to adapt to changes in study schedule and scope
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize, show initiative and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must thrive in collaborative work environment and be comfortable seeking input from other team members.
- Digitally and technically curious and savvy
- Self-starter; proactive; motivated