A User Experience Designer possesses a passion for using technology to solve problems for people. As a member of the Experience Design team, the User Experience Designer (UXD) is expected to act as a subject matter expert on consumer behavior on websites in general and on travel websites in particular. The UXD must understand the full consumer experience and be the 'Voice of the Customer" throughout the organization and ensure it is heard in all decision-making processes that impact the consumer – help create and sustain a consumer-centric culture.
What will I be doing?
You are the lynchpin for change, bridging gaps, and innovation for our users.
- Work with the UX researcher to identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback into actionable next steps
- Collaborate with research and testing to identify learning opportunities
- Develop user-centered designs considering customer feedback, personas, user research, technical constraints or opportunities, and business needs
- Deploy a variety of practices to efficiently yet effectively create designs
- Leverage proven patterns to enhance and optimize products – Establish and shape Fractal components in collaboration with UI Design
- Design accessible features
- Ensure coherence and consistency of features and functions across the overall journey, in and outside of your focus area
- Collaborate with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap
- Facilitate workshops (journey mapping, problem-statement, etc)
- Contribute to user story evolution to ensure the experience expectations are clear
- Collaborate with pod team members and business stakeholders to develop a core understanding of user personas
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, digital designer, or similar role
- Experience with web and mobile platforms
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling, interpersonal and analytical skills
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience