Analyze, design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice, and methodology.
- Provide timely and accurate progress information to project status reports.
- Analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium complexity.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
Systems Development Engineering:
- Analyze and design programs for simple to medium complexity business problems according to user specifications and assist in developing detail program specifications.
- Comply with project management methodology requirements as appropriate.
Testing / Deliverable Quality:
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Test and implement system components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Responsible for immediate response to production program problems.
- Participate in fiscal management and cost estimate development.
Education: BS / BA, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Experience in Information Technology or business environment.
- Learning; participates and assists.
- Completes tasks under direction.
- Tasks are assigned and consequences of error carry small risk to the organization.
- Basic knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Basic knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Basic knowledge of technical / business environment.
- Demonstrates programming aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to interact effectively with business Customers and technology development and support groups.
- Ability, within a specific technology area and under direction, complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement small development projects or components of large projects.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of simple-medium complexity.
- Ability to manage projects using the organization’s project management methodology.
- Ability to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
Customer / Business Orientation:
- Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
- Develop understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s)