The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
- Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
- Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, security updates, urgent system patching
- Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
- Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
This is platform admin role responsible to manage informatica – Axon/EDC/IDQ tools in azure environments.
- Review install pre-requisites
- Participate in the install of the informatica products (Axon/EDC/IDQ) under IPS guidance
- Participate in the config of LDAP/SSO for all products. Manage security for Axon/EDC/IDQ/Ref360.
- Be part of knowledge transfer sessions driven by informatica
- Configure and execute scanners in EDC . Configure data source connections in IDQ under IPS guidance. (for initial implementation and ongoing basis)
- “Keep the lights on” on the Axon/EDC/IDQ services, on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science
- computer engineering or related field required 8-10 years experience required
- Proven work experience as a system or network administrator