What will I be doing?
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of and tactical delivery against project and change management plans for one of key strategic priorities. This role ensures project plans and goals are achieved; manages and escalates risks and issues related to scope, timeline or cost; and works hand-in-hand with the business lead and stakeholders, consistently updating them on project progress. They also ensure that the change management strategy includes a focus on effective communication, training and support for sustained adoption and results, both with our internal corporate audience as well as with our hotels and owners.
Working closely with Commercial Services leadership, the business lead, Data and Analytics, Distribution and Connectivity, Technology, Revenue Management, Operations, Communications, other departments and with solution vendors, the role will lead a number of key deliverables, project plans and change management plans to support the objectives of one of key strategic priorities.
More specifically, you will:
Lead project and change management for one of key strategic priorities, inclusive of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute project plans
- Implement standards to ensure that all project information is consistent, accurate and timely, and that all updates are completed as per agreed cadence
- Work with vendor Project Managers to establish working practices, clarify roles and responsibilities, and ensure that plans, dependencies, issues and risks are aligned with the overall project plan, drive deliverables, and support commercial services goals
- Responsible for actual performance against standards, to determine whether a project is on target, and take corrective actions or escalate as necessary
- Lead business Subject Matter Experts in the core and extended project team and facilitate the gathering of business requirements
- Identify key functionality gaps by working closely with key subject matter experts. Prioritize requirements and develop and execute a remediation plan, if required
- Support the planning and development of communications, presentations and workgroup sessions at company, brand and other conferences and meetings, as required
- Produce benefit measurement analysis in line with defined methodology in order to validate the impact of the solution and associated business process changes post launch, in line with the expected benefits presented in the project business case, and/or project charter
- Review and offer advice and feedback on other elements of the project including product design, functional roadmap plans, strategy etc., as required
- Develop and execute a set of actionable items and targeted change management plans including change approach, communications plan, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan, as required
- Create communications deliverables and training collateral as required to fulfill aforementioned plans
- Lead the development of change management and training programs alongside other applicable functions, including deployment planning and execution, operational support planning, and other transition activities to live, steady state operation
- Align team on project and change management approach, implement standards as required, and monitor opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with project team and business stakeholders to ensure that messages are clear and in line with business process, standards, and mission and values
- Develop a good working knowledge of hotel-level, owner-level and corporate-level commercial objectives and revenue management business processes and systems across brands and geographies
What are we looking for?
The person who will find most success in this role must be first and foremost someone who thrives on bringing people together and aligning their disparate backgrounds to achieve a common goal. The project that this person will be leading is a key strategic priority, and as such this person will need to operate with a sense of urgency. Great ideas mean nothing if they cannot be implemented, and this person will need to show a proven record of carrying out large-scale changes effectively across an organization.
- Build trust with key stakeholders by leading with integrity and purpose
- Strong analytical skills to help drive & assess project performance analysis and targets
- Problem solving skills to find creative solutions in developing, prioritizing and implementing strategic solutions
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication, to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and to engage audiences when presenting these issues broadly
- Self-motivation skills enabling you to take initiative in identifying, prioritizing and implementing tasks with a personal dedication to succeed
- Interpersonal skills with an aptitude for working in cross-functional, dynamic environments
- Organization skills that include superb attention to detail
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hospitality experience
- Experience in a revenue management role and/or supporting revenue management functions in a project or change management role