- Uses expertise to design, develop, code, test, and debug software.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Modern Technical Skills: Java (JEE), Java EE Design Patterns, Web Services (REST, JSON, Swagger), JCICS (nice to have), OSGi bundles/JAR, UNIX/RHEL/USS, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Eclipse (IDz/RDz, RBD), JACOCO
- Legacy Technical Skills: COBOL, CICS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
- 8 years of experience required.