- Analyze COBOL programs and Data structures involved in the mainframe system.
- Understand the complex business rules in the COBOL programs.
- Convert COBOL copy books to SAP Data services copy book objects.
- Understand the JCLs involved for job dependency and datasets involved in the process.
- Re-design the COBOL process to a SQL procedure-based process or SAP Data services based process depending on the complexity of the business rules.
- Design the table structures in Sybase IQ database matching with O/P datasets.
- Implement all validation rules and re-formatting required in the process.
- Compare the O/P of the COBOL process to the re-engineered O/P.
- Design the process to handle billions of rows every month using T-SQL Procedures.
- Support IV&V for testing and validation.
- Resolve production issues related to SAP Data services Jobs.
- Help SAP admin team to resolve SAP environment related issues.
- Knowledgeable in: COBOL, JCL, SAP Data services, SAP HANA, Sybase IQ, SQL, T-SQL, Linux
- Experience in working with large databases.
- Experience in batch process.