The role of the Release Manager is to assist in the planning, execution, and finalization of releases according the Enterprise Release Management Policy and Lifecycle. Plan, organize, direct, and manage activities for building and maintaining releases for their promotion to the production environment. Communicate and manage customer expectations, including DevSecOps teams, IT Service Owners, Product Owners, Application Owners.
Define and own the Release Calendar
- Define and own the Enterprise Solutions Release Calendar
- Provide Release management capabilities to implement the release calendar and IT DevSecOps Release requirements
- Delivery & Governance of release controls
- Participation in the EPLT release team and collaboration with EPLT peers globally
- Provide release integrated planning across multiple time horizons
- Work with release stakeholders and customers to enable release planning and deliverables
Coordination of release resources, requirements and deliverables
Responsibilities / Activities
- Accountable for assisting and delivery of the release calendar annual plan.
- Coordinate for SAP landscape requirements to support and align with projects, including third party applications.
- Define system environment strategy for major projects.
- Participate and support the SAP and major application transport strategy, assist with the coordination of transports between development, quality and user acceptance environments.
- Participate in key Sprint/PI planning, retrospectives and other key ceremonies.
- Coordinate for the synchronization of technical cutover to non-production to align systems and landscape.
- Coordinate release planning of post technical cutover refresh (non-production) including planning, communications, status tracking and related tasks.
- Coordinate and manage change freeze for SAP and non-SAP systems during Regression Testing phase.
- Attend and provide input requirements to relevant governance groups e.g. Release Advisory Board (RAB), Change Advisory Board (CAB) and other related approval boards.
- Accountable for release governance processes and deliverables e.g. Release Calendar, Release Records, Release Plans.
- Support DevSecOps project strategies and delivery requirements.
- Stays up-to-date with technology and industry trends by proactively participating in training, self-study, conferences, webcasts, user group participation, reading or other relevant means
- Must have knowledge of Solution Manager (Solman) ChaRM tool
- Prepare and support planning of system refreshes, track status and coordinate refresh execution including communications, tracking risks and issues etc., for on-time system refresh delivery.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and an inherent ability to multi-task
- Details oriented
- Effective facilitation and collaboration skills
- Can establish and maintain effective relationships with delivery leads, project team and gain their trust and respect
- ITIL Foundation, CSM or SAFe certification is mandatory
- Work experience in Project Management/Release Management
- Working Knowledge ChaRM, ServiceNow, Analytics, Azure DevOps and HP-ALM test module is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and waterfall
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Good understanding of application architecture's, infrastructure
- Primary point of contact for release management activities
- Well versed with release process
- Should be able to manage multiple deployment activities
- Available for the weekend deployment