- Develop test plans that cover all functional and non-functional (usability, scalability/load, security, etc.) requirements for a given project and that meet the overall testing and quality assurance goals of the applications.
- Help define and mature the QA process American ; including defining testing strategies (manual, automation, etc.) that ensure superior quality while keeping the team accountable to these processes.
- Effectively partner with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders during the planning/design stages of the development lifecycle (shift-left testing) to ensure solid definition (requirements/acceptance criteria) and that quality is thought about upfront and throughout the development lifecycle.
- Execute test plans to identify bugs, missed requirements, performance issues, etc.
- Log bugs, missed requirements, performance issues, etc. found during testing into a bug tracking system.
- Work with the product and development teams to resolve bugs and verify that they are fixed.
- Design and develop automated test scripts to automate as much of the regression testing process as possible.
- Provide input towards general process improvements; be an active participant in code reviews and retrospectives.
- Stay current in the industry by attending educational opportunities, conferences, and workshops, reading publications and professional networking.
Requirement and Qualifications
- Experience with Agile (scrum, kanban) development processes – Required
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium, Appium or similar automation
- In-depth, working knowledge of the major areas of software engineering and the software development life cycle.
- Experience with Mobile and cloud-based load and performance testing.
- Experience testing multi-tiered applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 4-year degree in information technology or related field(s)
- 3-5 years years of related experience
- A passion for quality and high attention to detail
- An individual that take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement