As a Product Manager, you will focus on crafting a product experience in a cross-functional team structure; helping guests, team members, and properties drive business for our hotels through our digital experiences. You will work with designers on defining innovative customer experiences and coordinate with technical teams to deliver on the vision. You will guide products through the entire development lifecycle, helping champion products to partners and key stakeholders, and be directly responsible for products' performance. A successful candidate will be a self-starter that possesses a strong product management background and a solid understanding of current web and mobile technologies.
Responsibilities to include:
- Utilize critical thinking to identify new opportunities that will improve revenue and overall growth in the business.
- Pinpoint customer needs (owners, honors members, guests, partners, and Team Members) to help define and prioritize product features that drive the most impact.
- Research and put together business cases for new product concepts and present to both technical and non-technical partners.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design in an Agile environment to deliver on new features, resolve product issues and act as an evangelist for your assigned product(s).
- Write top-notch business requirements and ensure technical teams are in lockstep with your requirements.
- Handle bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and decide on trade-offs, and ultimately balance business demands with technical/time constraints.
- Define a product's key success metrics, analyze/present metrics post-launch, and quickly act on trends that arise from those metrics.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Consistent record of taking ownership of projects, including defining scope, driving results, and rolling up sleeves to get the job done
- Consistent track record of being able to think high-level and "in the weeds", with a knack for creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Shown ability to work hand-in-hand with developers/QA to build a product
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agile environment and to break through ambiguity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities