This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience. Must have strong Oracle Database administration support skills in UNIX (AIX) and Linux (Red Hat), strong communication, and documentation skills. Be able to implement and support specialized business and technical information technology solutions. On-Call and weekend support expected.
Technical Skills and product knowledge requirements:
- Strong Oracle Database administration experience (19c).
- Strong in multi node cluster database support.
- Strong in RMAN, Dataguard with recovery and failover experience.
- Strong patching, upgrade, and maintenance background.
- Strong AIX / RHEL systems administration skills.
- Experience with scripting.
- Exposure to Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- SQL Tuning and performance analysis.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Maintain and administer Oracle Database on AIX / RHEL platform
- Perform change management (CM) role on the components and implement change requests based on CM processes
- Perform break/fix activities following incident management process
- Maintain, Install, Upgrade Oracle Database throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Ability to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger operational team
- Strong diplomacy, assertiveness, influencing skills with commitment and ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Must be willing to work off hours, weekends, and on-call support
- Qualified applicants have a Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent 5+ years of experience
- ITIL aware
- Certifications nice to have