- Functional Competencies
- Leave of Absence Administration
- Processes leaves of absence according to policies, procedures, and relevant laws in routine and straightforward cases
- Maintains unwavering confidentiality in all modes of communication
- Treats every Employee the same, demonstrating empathy and sensitivity while handling all matters objectively
- General Analysis
- Looks for inconsistencies, identifies complex situations, and escalates to Leadership
- Researches incomplete or missing information
- Understands implications of FMLA/Leaves in how it relates to pay, attendance, and benefits
- Information/Records Administration
- Maintains information/data relating to leave of absence cases in order to adhere to policies and procedures to ensure internal accuracy
- Retains records and documentation in appropriate system(s)
- Gathers correct supporting documentation for daily case processing
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma required.
- College course work with relevancy to Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- 2 years of Customer Service experience required.
- Strong proficiency for performing multiple computer functions required.
- Previous experience processing and/or administering leaves of absence preferred.
- Ability to perform work duties from desk/office work area for extended periods of time.
- Professional Competencies
- Manages Ambiguity
- Is able to interpret state and federal leave laws, Company policies, and contractual language with some assistance
- Handles change well, without becoming frustrated or less productive
- Understands appropriate steps to take when handling cases even if information is missing or unclear
- Decision Quality
- Relies on analysis and some level of experience when making decisions
- Asks the right questions to accurately analyze day-to-day situations
- Acquires data from multiple sources when solving problems
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow
- Works in an organized fashion and can explain processes to others
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for synergy and efficiency
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.