Job Type: Contract
- Be part of the NOC Network Operations Center, providing troubleshooting support for complex hosting and enterprise network environments, participating in rotational on-call support.
- In addition, this position will help to design, implement, and troubleshoot network systems, application systems, and resolve routing/switching or other networking issues as they arise.
- This position will balance time working with Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Network Operations, Project Leads and vendors.
- As a part of the IT Infrastructure team, this position will work in conjunction with other IT Infrastructure resources to manage and maintain the organization’s networking infrastructure.
- Produce and update technical documentation and diagrams supporting Engineering and Operations teams as part of project deliverables
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a network infrastructure engineer in a network operations role.
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco/Aruba routing and switching.
- Able to communicate with non-technical customers to identify and troubleshoot issues.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 6+ years of experience as a network infrastructure engineer or administrator.
- Aruba/Cisco switch, and SDWAN experience.
- Experience working in a large enterprise network environment in a network operations role.
- In-depth knowledge of ospf/bgp routing protocols.
- TCP/IP networks and full understanding of all layers of the OSI model
- Strong Hands-on experience and advance knowledge of network switching, and routing protocols
- Experience in SD-WAN technologies like Cisco Viptela, VM-ware Velo cloud
- Strong Experience working with platforms like Cisco IOS and/or Aruba OS
- General knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms like Azure, AWS and GCP
- Experience of working with Palo-Alto firewall to isolate issues
- Understanding of Web Proxy and PAC file configuration
- Experience of working with network monitoring tools (SNMP, NetFlow, Telemetry)
- Understanding of Load-balancing concepts including on-prem and cloud LBs
- Experience of TCP/IP Packet analysis to help identify issues (tcp-dump/Wireshark)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Understands enterprise level change management processes to make network changes
Preferred Licenses & Certifications
- CCNA, CCNP, Meraki Network Assoc. or Meraki Solutions Specialist
- Cloud Certificates like Associates or expert
- This is a contract opportunity with optional benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), life insurance, etc.
- We can facilitate W2 and corp-to-corp (C2C) consultants. For our W2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) with company matching, and life insurance.
Established in 1998, Ntelicor provides hard to find IT talent and flexible staffing and IT solutions to Fortune 50 and companies of all sizes. We dedicate ourselves to our clients’ unique needs and rapidly and efficiently deploy our specialists and solutions. As our team continues to grow, we look forward to providing our clients and our people with extraordinary value and service for years to come.
This job not for you? Refer your friends! If we hire a candidate you refer, you can earn up to $1,000 per referral.