Job Type: Contract
- Accountable for software delivery and influencing the team to find new behaviors and ways of working.
- Facilitate team ceremonies in conjunction with appropriate team members.
- Identify gaps in agile and technical practices and collaboratively seek remedies for them.
- Identify ways to question the status quo. Lead experiments on alternatives to seek increased customer value, new learnings or both.
- Develop soft skills (communication, business orientation, adaptability, constructive feedback). Make use of existing practices, such as pair programming. Work with the delivery manager to identify training and growth opportunities. Recommend personal growth paths in conjunction with Delivery Manager.
- Help articulate and eliminate team blockers with the Delivery Manager (as needed).
- Take part in architecture and software design with the Squad – in general, encourages the team to work on new ideas and emergent, iterative design. Focuses on constructively arguing against solutions that are not a fit, if necessary.
- Partners with the Product Owner (presenting Playback, keeping focus on business value, etc.) as needed to support the overall Squad's delivery.
- A desire to learn and the ability to show vulnerability when you do not know something
Required (At least 3 of the following):
- Demonstrable skill in at least one object-oriented language
- Working experience deploying and supporting business-critical, Internet scale distributed systems or high-volume client/server systems
- Demonstrable skill in SQL and ability to design relational database schemas
- Ability to scrutinize applications and services to ensure they adhere to security standards
- Ability to scrutinize provided architectures and suggest optimizations for time to market
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) to design non-trivial systems
- Past experience coaching or mentoring others, in any context
- Desire to work as part of a team, always keeping the team's goal in mind
- Experience building continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Experience delivering software using an Agile methodology like Extreme Programming, Kanban, or Scrum
- Previous experience with any of the following:
- Testing Pyramid
- Multi-threading and concurrency
- Debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Object-oriented and service-oriented application development patterns
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both alone and in a team environment
- Adept and comfortable communicating with internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to find creative ways of improving and simplifying solutions, systems, and processes without getting bogged down in blockers or bottlenecks
- Experience leading and managing small to medium-sized development teams of between 5 and 25 developers
- Previous experience as a designer, product owner/manager, or business role (marketing, sales, finance, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
- This is a contract opportunity with optional benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), life insurance, etc.
- We can facilitate W2 and corp-to-corp (C2C) consultants. For our W2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) with company matching, and life insurance.
Established in 1998, Ntelicor provides hard to find IT talent and flexible staffing and IT solutions to Fortune 50 and companies of all sizes. We dedicate ourselves to our clients’ unique needs and rapidly and efficiently deploy our specialists and solutions. As our team continues to grow, we look forward to providing our clients and our people with extraordinary value and service for years to come.
This job not for you? Refer your friends! If we hire a candidate you refer, you can earn up to $1,000 per referral.