Desktop Support Technicians install, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software equipment. Effective communication is essential for this role as the individual will interact frequently with front line employees, and will also be visible to customers.
- Responsible for implementation and support of desktop and mobile devices, applications, peripherals, network devices, airline specific equipment (Kiosk, Flight Information Display Systems), public address systems, and time clock equipment.
- Responsible for a broad scope of operational support and Install, Move, Add, and Change (IMAC) requests supporting the IT infrastructure in office environments, CS&S Centers, and airport locations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on operational equipment.
- Configures, installs, customizes, maintains, tests, and troubleshoots hardware systems with minimal direction.
- Provides bench repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and configuration of IT equipment.
- Provides exceptional Customer Service to our Internal Customers.
- Provides packaging, unpacking, documentation, shipment, and receipt of equipment as needed for support of the enterprise.
- Updates DASH cases.
- Creates status reports for Leadership on Field installations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training or technical certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years PC Experience or equivalent knowledge on PC Repair required.
- Minimum 1 year networking experience, installing and troubleshooting network gear required.
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator's license.
- Must have an understanding of cabling infrastructure and its topologies.
- Low Voltage cabling knowledge is required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and maneuver within Windows’ operating systems
- Ability to maneuver within Active Directory (moving work station object).
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite, Service Now Service Desk, and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). SCCM experience should include assigning applications and knowing where particular applications are coming from.
- Must be able to demonstrate success with problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must possess strong Customer Service skills.
- Must possess strong organizational, writing, and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to adapt to learning new specifications on equipment in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work nights, holidays, and/or weekends to meet the needs of the operation in a call center type environment.
- Frequent travel required to provide technical support and to resolve technical issues.
- Able to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- A+ or equivalent knowledge required.