We seek an energetic and skilled Senior Designer to be part of our talented in-house creative studio team. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, print, digital, social, branding, and typography.
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively understanding and gaining knowledge of our brands, target audiences and competitor activities.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the Creative Director and other Senior Designers and Copywriters.
- Collaborate with the marketing teams along with other members of internal creative studio to understand business objectives, marketing objectives and creative needs to support a variety of direct response marketing campaigns. Liaise with internal stakeholders to interpret creative briefs.
- Develop compelling creative solutions across touchpoints with a customer-first lens.
- Responsible for graphic design and direction, seeing all projects through from concept, design, production, completion and delivery.
- Present and provide business rationale for creative ideas to our internal stakeholders for approval and development.
- Evolve, revise or redevelop advertisements or campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director, or internal stakeholders.
- Assist the team with day-to-day production requests, including image selection and reformatting creative for various channels.
- Balance multiple projects successfully to meet deadlines and collaborate across multiple stakeholders with different priorities.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the ACD, Art Director and design/production team on all creative projects. Personally work on graphic development.
- Adhere to brand identity standards and guidelines, while helping to inform the evolution and extension of the visual identity.
- Interact with ACD/Art Director/Copywriter to develop creative concepts and executions.
- Work closely with project manager to keep all projects on track.
- Present design work at various stages to stakeholders for review and final approval.
- Use campaign performance data to understand the effectiveness of campaigns and apply key learnings to future campaigns
- Stay current on industry trends, particularly in the digital and social space; share ideas and recommendations for innovating new templates and design approaches
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to work on multiple campaigns for various internal brand clients at once, often in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to inspire and sell creative rationale to senior management, and cross-functional teams
- Staying up-to-date with popular culture and trends
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina, and the ability to adapt
- Confidence, enthusiasm, and determination
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilience with the ability to accept criticism of your work
- Market awareness with the ability to understand the target audiences
- Collaboration, with the ability to work in partnership with stakeholders across multiple functions
- Ability to form strong working relationships quickly
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Strong portfolio showing a range of experience, concepts, and visual styles.
- Minimum of 5 years relative Design experience, preferably in a design firm, advertising or in-house creative department
- Experience working with a marketing department, understanding of business objectives and ability to find creative solutions to help achieve objectives
- Knowledge of design fundamentals, & messaging hierarchy
- Experience working on direct response materials and designing for a range of marketing channels including email, banner ads, social, landing pages, print collateral
- Ability to develop/present/pitch creative ideas
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Ability to process and produce multiple projects in a short time frame- resizing art/layout accordingly to specs
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong creative, organizational problem solving
- Experience developing rich media and other forms of online advertising
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity
- Have a strong interest in social and cultural trends and emerging digital technologies
- Strong attention to detail. Self-starter. A positive attitude and a collaborative personality.
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Animation & Video production experience is a plus.
- Experience supervising junior designers is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have an interest in popular culture, new trends, and styles
- Experience working at a creative agency
- Experience in hospitality or consumer brands