Responsible for end-to-end integrated solution design and architecture for cloud native applications and applications moving from on-premise to public cloud for various applications across the portfolio. This role is part of a multi-discipline team responsible for architecting and delivering secure, robust, and innovative solutions which would enable the development teams to build and deploy new applications as well as migrate selected existing applications into the public cloud. The candidate will work alongside Enterprise Solution Architecture, Solution Architecture, and Cloud Domain Architecture / Infrastructure Engineering teams to develop cloud solutions and drive architectural decisions for applications that are migrating to cloud. The Cloud Solution Architect will be part of the team responsible for infrastructure migration / new application deployment to cloud as well as to support key operational aspects like availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and integration of on-prem and public cloud infrastructure with focus on building self-service tools and automation
Required Skills (and years of experience): TOP 5-6 SKILLS NEEDED
- At least 7 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives
- 5+ years of experience with Azure public cloud architecture, cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns and tools.
- Well-versed in interpreting business requirements and translating those into technology architecture decisions.
- Experience with various enterprise applications and IT services as well as software development, compliance and security, and IT operations disciplines.
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements for applications
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions while driving value through adopting solutions on the cloud.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale applications portfolio in enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
- Experience re-architecting/re-factoring applications for cloud platforms.
Preferred Skills: (NICE TO HAVES)
Nice to have but not required: AWS architecture skills
Required Niche Skills/ Experience Needed:
Experience defining application architecture on Azure
Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of IT experience in infrastructure or Application development/support.
Azure certification (nice to have, not mandatory)