Job Type: Contract
- Works closely with the Information Security Team and the Information Systems department to assure compliance with State and Federal laws and organizational policies and standards.
- Oversees the interpretation, development, and implementation of complex information security solutions.
- Performs security audits and creates security checklists.
- Provides protocol analysis using in-depth knowledge of protocols like TCP/IP, IPX, SNA, H323, SIP, etc.
- Performs UNIX, Perl and NT scripting.
- Provides technical direction and implementation support.
- Provides systems documentation.
- Performs troubleshooting on hardware, IPSEC, LAN/WAN network, and security issues.
- Performs vulnerability assessments on networks and systems.
- Makes recommendations for improving security and can implement those recommendations.
- Recommends standards and policies governing the security of firewall and IDS development, deployment, and operation. Enforces best practices surrounding security incident response.
- Knowledge in operating systems such as Unix, NT, XP, Win2000, and 98.
- Knowledge in DNS, DHCP, WINS, active directory, group policy.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity and ethics in maintaining confidential information.
- May be required to know basic laws and government regulations related to IT security measures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts from technical staff to senior management.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure. Analytical thinker, with ability to solve problems.
- Can deal with ambiguity and requests for change.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline.
- 8+ years experience designing, implementing (including installation), managing and operation of Network Appliance systems (i.e., Internet, Net Caching, L-DAP Radius Servers, and Web Proxies).
- Experience with global, multi-vendor hybrid network environments.
- This is a contract opportunity with optional benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), life insurance, etc.
- We can facilitate W2 and corp-to-corp (C2C) consultants. For our W2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) with company matching, and life insurance.
Established in 1998, Ntelicor provides hard to find IT talent and flexible staffing and IT solutions to Fortune 50 and companies of all sizes. We dedicate ourselves to our clients’ unique needs and rapidly and efficiently deploy our specialists and solutions. As our team continues to grow, we look forward to providing our clients and our people with extraordinary value and service for years to come.
This job not for you? Refer your friends! If we hire a candidate you refer, you can earn up to $1,000 per referral.