API Security responsibilities:
- Defines specifications and develop code and utilities, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
- Establishes, participates, and maintains relationships with customers and subject matter experts to remain apprised of direction, architectural and technology trends, risks, and functional/integration issues.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs in one or more programming languages, for Web and Rich Internet Applications. Create various automated security integration solutions.
- Work with the API Management platforms to develop APIs, Products, Plans, etc. and test them.
- Work with application development personnel and other technical team members to review existing and/or new APIs/web services in support of quality implementations that align with Security policies, procedures, and generally-accepted best practices.
- Work closely with DevOps and cloud infrastructure architects and engineers to design, implement and manage secure, scalable, and reliable cloud infrastructure environments
- Participates as a technology advisor to collaborate with Agile squads to deliver business benefits with effective and efficient use of technology Platform(s)
- Ensures teams are validating for OWASP and performing industry leading application security practices.
- Performs application program interface security assessments and remediation activities as part of the API security program.
- Leverages the enterprise SSDLC processes and toolset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years of experience working as a frontend or backend software developer
- Experience as a developer on a team consisting of five or more software developers
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Broad understanding of web service implementation paradigms (REST, SOAP)
- Basic understanding of Cryptography concepts: hashing, signing, symmetric/asymmetric encryption and decryption
- Basic understanding microservice application architecture, software cohesion and software coupling
- Comfortable learning new programming languages as needed to conduct code reviews
- Comfortable with the following tools and technologies: Git, SoapUI, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Find Bugs, Docker Experience with deploying and configuring API scanning tools
- Experience in Identity and access management concepts and technical specifications
- Experience creating continuous integration pipelines (Cloud bees, Jenkins, Buddy, Urban Code, etc.)
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse)
- Experience developing solutions that combine data from APIs, endpoints, and databases
- Outstanding communication, analytical skills and ability to function in a globally diverse work environment
- Experience working within an agile team (Scrum, Rally, etc.)
- Familiarity with OWASP and the San’s Top 25
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/certification
- API security 1 year
- 2 years working as a Security Engineer
- 1-year experience developing automation solutions in Python, Java or PowerShell
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications