Are you the type to make New Year’s resolutions or to set goals for the year? Maybe those goals include advancing in your career, moving into a management or senior role, or you’re starting to look for a new contract position. Here are the 5 things you should be doing to align your efforts with your resolution or goals:
- Update Your Resume: Make sure your resume accurately reflects your experience and skills. Consider adding any new certifications or training that you have completed. Make sure you use the same keywords—software, skills, technologies—that you see in the job descriptions you apply to.
- Network More: Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and reach out to your network to make new connections. These connections can be valuable resources when you are searching for a new job. If you’re not already on LinkedIn, consider setting up a profile to easily start making those connections.
- Learn New Skills: Keep up with the latest trends and technologies in the IT field by taking online courses, attending training sessions, or working on personal projects. Consider taking a short course or earning a certification. This can make you a more competitive job candidate and can qualify you for new career opportunities.
- Improve Your Interview Skills: Practice answering common interview questions and consider working with a career coach to help you prepare. Check out our 5 Tips to Ace your Next IT Interview.
- Search Proactively: Don’t wait for job openings to come to you. Actively be looking for opportunities and reach out to our Ntelicor recruiters when you see jobs that you are interested in being considered for. Don’t forget to bookmark our Jobs Listing page!